Around this time last year, I was reading year end reviews of some hardworking entrepreneurs like Pippin Williamson, Carie Dils and many others I met online while doing research. These entrepreneurs are WordPress enthusiasts and run successful WordPress-based businesses. Since I have been learning & practicing WordPress as my side-project for almost 4 years, I was inspired by their review posts, especially how they challenge themselves to achieve their bigger goals. Following their foot steps, I too decided to set my learning & project goals for 2016.
I will be posting my 2016 review in my other site Tinjure WP (professional) with more details. In this post I am highlighting of my 2016 progress and goals for the coming year 2017.
I had set the following broad learning goals for 2016:
- Set goals for each week in a weekly post and maintain a daily activities.
- Write as many posts as I could, especially on my tutorial posts.
- WordPress theme development with emphasis on layout & Customization
- Establish & contents for professional site – Tinjure WP
- Write at least two essays
- Daily activities log: This project went really well exceeding my expectation. Once I got into the habit, it went smoothly. At the end of the I missed only three weeks (in Sep-Oct) when I was sick with the flue.
- Writing Posts: I wrote more than …. posts this year, mostly my how to posts which I took time to document while doing my learning by doing projects. Many of these posts are work-in-progress while others are early drafts.
- Theme development: I was able to achieve most of my initial goals and made good progress in this area. Developed a new theme Lumleflex which powers this site & new Tinjure WP site. I also develop two child themes of Lumle Flex for CPT and custom format posts.
- Tinjure WP site: A new site has been setup with SiteGround and its contents are being organized for release in early 2017.
- Essay writing. My goal was to write two essays but I was able to write one (good draft) but the one is still in progress.
What Didn’t Work
- Learning WordPress basic: Although I started out well initially my theme development & learning by doing projects took priority over it. Next year achieving this goal would be my top priority.
Goals for Year 2017